The rapid spread of COVID-19 throughout Arizona and the rest of the world has led us to reevaluate and change our everyday lives. We are supposed to be social distancing, which means we should be keeping our distance (at least 6 feet or more) from people outside our own home. For many, the coronavirus outbreak and social distancing can cause fear and anxiety which can be overwhelming at times. It’s important to remember, stress can weaken your immune system, so in these uncertain times, it’s important to keep your stress level in check.
If you are a medical cannabis patient, using cannabis to medicate can help lower stress and make social distancing and quarantine more bearable, which is sometimes easier said than done. Sure, you can socially distance yourself by lounging on your couch all day, but that can get old after a while. So grab your favorite edible, tincture, or any of our MPX concentrate products, take a break from the news, and try something new. At a loss for ideas? We’ve rounded up our 10 favorite things to do while medicating and quarantined during COVID-19:
- Keep in touch with friends, family, and neighbors through phone calls and social media. Zoom happy hours aren’t for you? Try writing actual letters to family and friends. Whatever your means for communicating, use the COVID-19 pandemic as an opportunity to grow closer and strengthen your communication with loved ones and connection to your community. Follow the #InspireMesa campaign to see how others in the community are raising spirits by showing kindness, compassion, and caring and join the movement!
- Go for a walk or hike and enjoy the sunshine and wildflowers blooming in Arizona right now. As long as you are keeping your distance from other people, getting some exercise outside is a great way to break up your day. Before you head out, make sure to check the status of any national parks so you are aware of any closures.
- Stop procrastinating. Tackle that DIY home project that you’ve been putting off for months. Learn a new language. Take on that side gig that you’ve been wanting to do but never could find the time. There’s no time like the present.
- Spring clean! Channel your inner Marie Kondo and determine whether all those clothes busting out your drawers really “spark joy.” Some people can get a lot accomplished when they’re medicating, and cleaning is the perfect way to put that burst of energy to good use.
- Complete a puzzle, the bigger the better! Are words more your thing? Try a crossword puzzle.
- Make time for self care, it’s more important than ever. Treat yourself to that hot bath, at-home pedicure or 10-step skincare regimen that you never would have time for otherwise.
- Do something creative, it’s always a good use of your time. Learn calligraphy, put together a charcuterie board, make art or learn to draw. For pretty much anything you want to do, YouTube can help. This is fun!
- Go on a health kick. No time to work out? You have no excuses now. One study of 600 cannabis users found that 52% of those who worked cannabis into their exercise regimens said it made them more motivated to work out.
- Make the most of your munchies. Instead of grabbing the nearest bag of chips, dust off an old cookbook or take an online cooking class. The time spent and newly acquired skill will make your meal that much more enjoyable. Better yet, make your own edibles! If cooking really isn’t your thing, support local Mesa dining establishments! For a list of Main Street restaurants offering curbside pickup and delivery, click here.
- Just Chill. Meditate, take a deep breath, get extra sleep, and stay calm. Spend less time worrying and more time doing activities you enjoy. Like everything else, this too will pass.